We want to help!
The Gregory Kistler Treatment Center is a certified provider for Autism Waiver. We provide in-home intensive intervention for children who reside in Crawford and Sebastian counties.
What is it
Arkansas Autism Partnership, commonly known as Autism Waiver, is a statewide program to provide intensive, evidence-based intervention for 20 to 25 hours per week in the homes of young children with autism.
Who is eligible?
Children who meet the following qualifications:
- meet the financial eligibility for Medicaid services
- have documentation of a confirmed diagnosis of autism by a physician, psychologist, and speech-language pathologist
- are between the ages of 18 months and 5 years
- children may remain in the program for a maximum of 3 years, or until their 8th birthday
- have significant deficits in areas of life functioning, and/or presence of significant behavioral challenges
How much does it cost?
There is no cost or co-pay to the parents. The program is paid for by Arkansas Medicaid, including TEFRA. TEFRA is a provision of the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982. TEFRA is a category of Medicaid available to certain children with disabilities whose parents have too much income to qualify otherwise.
What about the parents?
Parents will be considered active members of the team and will be trained to use the strategies included in their child’s treatment plan. Parents must be present during the intervention delivered by the team to learn the program and be actively involved in treatment at least 14 hours per week.
To learn more, contact: